Hello from the great Garden State!
Let me start off by saying that I am Thankful that I was in my own house this morning instead of in an airport. That was originally how my Thanksgiving was going to start but luckily I have great friends and I was able to fly home earlier than I had planned.
Breakfast is done, Grandma is rationing out the bagels (the good ones from New York) between me and my sister to take back to college, and Santa has just rung in the holiday season at the Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Now it’s the lull between meals.
The turkey is in the oven, breakfast is all cleaned up, and I have no idea what to do for the next four hours (and I really don’t want the answer to be homework).
I guess I can go through some of the things I am thankful for this year.
Things I am Thankful for in 2015
- Being able to come home
- My family (because no one beats the fam)
- Being reunited with my sister for more than 48 hours
- My best friends from high school (the only ones I would go see a no-name band with)
- My friends at school (who always remind me that they will “take care” of any ex-boyfriends)
- My roommate (who else will always order pizza with me at 10 at night?)
- The amazing girls I have met through DPhiE
- My fam jam (even though we are terrible at planning dinner dates)
- The amazing job I have and the people who I work with who make it work all those long hours (squad)
- THE BEACH (I am never sad when there’s the sea)
- Pork roll, egg, and cheese (salt, pepper, ketchup please)
- Wawa/Rook/Quik Check coffee
- And, of course, the Dawgs
I know there is much more that I am thankful for but I don’t want to bore you all because I know you have your own families to attend to today.
Oh, now it is Thanksgiving. We have Alice’s Restaurant playing.
And I guess since the rest of my family all have real clothes on I should probably put on some make-up and change out of my pajamas.
Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours. Whether you’re here, there, or anywhere else in between. Thank you for being in my life and I hope you have a happy, healthy, and food-filled holiday.
p.s. for those of you who need not only your fill of food but fill of news, check out The Skimm. They keep me updated on everything