Sadly, it is time for me to leave the Classic City for the next couple of months and head home. I have had yet another amazing year here in Athens and I can’t wait to come back in the fall.
The other day as my Mom and I were packing up my apartment, one of my girlfriends came over. She showed me a list, on tumblr or buzzfeed I honestly don’t remember, of 75 thoughts I’ve had while going to a Southern school. I’m not sure if that was the title in all but it was something to that connotation.
After two years I have definitely had some thoughts that were on her list/were related to it. So I decided to do my own before I leave here for a while.
I hope no one finds any of these offensive. They’re meant to be funny as well as my own personal opinion. Here we go:
- Chacos. No. Absolutely not
- I thought only people who hiked in the Northeast wore Patagonia…
- Oversized tee-shirts and Norts. Since when are gym clothes everyday clothes?
- No I’m not dressed up because I have real clothes, on I’m just going to class
- How does almost every girl here have perfect hair and make-up?
- Why are you running inside with a hat on??
- Pappa Johns/Dominos is NOT real pizza (call me a pizza snob, I’ll own it)
- I do not say words weird
- No I’m not going home for the weekend, I live in New Jersey
- Don’t ask me for directions around here, 316, 82, and 75 mean nothing to me
- Why is pork roll not a thing here?
- An inch of frost is not a snow day, I’ve gone to school with almost two feet on the ground
- I’m so glad it’s much warmer here than in New Jersey
- I miss Italian food
- Thank god for fried chicken
- I wonder if there are other schools where people don’t sweat from just walking to class
- Why are there no homemade ice cream places around here?
- Waffle House needs to takeover IHOP and expand to New Jersey
- Never in my life would I thought I would wear cowboy boots
- Where did this dressing up thing for games come from?
- Why bother to buy croakies when you can just put the sunglasses on your head?
- I can not fathom why boys where chubbies
- UGA, where the girls shirts are longer than the boys shorts
- I wouldn’t trade my life here for the world
Those are the ones off the top of my head for now. Not too bad for two years. Somehow I’m already half-way done with my undergrad college experience. This is going way too fast. It needs to slow down. And I will figure out how to do it!
Even though this blog is mainly based on me being in the South, I will keep posting while back home as well as when I head to Florida next month. But as for you, Athens Georgia, I will see you when it’s time to play between the hedges again. Peace, love, and Go Dawgs!